Beb, a Khasi name for Bhut Jolokia, also known as Ghost Chilli, Naga Mircha or Raja Mircha is one of the hottest chillies in the world with over a million Scoville unit. The shrivelled skin and bright red hue are known for its high capsaicinoids content. It is extensively grown in North Eastern region of India, predominantly in the states of Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Meghalaya. The bhut jolokia possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, it is also a good source of vitamins A and C, and the capsaicin in the chilli help suppress your appetite, leading to weight loss. So, adding some spice to your menu has many health benefits for you.
In kitchens, it can be used in sauces, chutneys and condiments to give a dish the peak spiciness Despite its extreme pungency, Bhut Jolokia has a sweet and fruity taste. Sweet and super-hot you only need to use a minute portion of this chilli unlike with other varieties.
Bhut Jolokia is used in a spicy turmeric blend from Meghalaya – the Lakadong Beb.
What is turmeric blend?
Turmeric blend also called turmeric tea or golden blend. Turmeric is mixed with water or fruit juice can also add other spices and herbs to it, depending on your taste. In fact, it has many variations based on people’s choice. It is prepared to check your weight and keeps your health intact.
Turmeric blend from Zizira – Lakadong Beb
Zizira turmeric blend is a unique blend with a pungent taste of spices. It is created using Lakadong turmeric – the highest curcumin content variety, Beb – one of the hottest chilies in the world, IngMakhir – a cultivar of ginger known for its medicinal properties, Cinnamon – a delicious spice with powerful health benefits, Sichuan peppercorn – a unique spice with medicinal benefits, and Stevia – a natural sweetener which can replace sugar, all in one blend. These ingredients are sourced from the pristine hills of Meghalaya.
It is a blend that helps you fight snacking during working hours or while you’re relaxing, thus helps you in fighting weight gain. The high level of capsaicin in Bhut jolokia increases metabolism and can suppress appetite. It’s a quick and easy drink that will distract you from snacking and peps up your energy level.
3 Easy recipes with Lakadong Beb, turmeric blend from Meghalaya
Originally, turmeric blend is mixed with water or dairy milk. However, here are 3 easy recipes that you can try out to get the taste of your choice. Since this turmeric blend is created to help fight weight gain, it best not to use dairy milk.
- Take water in a glass (warm or cold)
- Add 1/3 teaspoon of Lakadong Beb into a glass
- Stir well till all residue is mixed (It does not dissolve)
- Add salt or natural sweetener (honey or stevia) or ice cube (Optional)
- Add ice cube for ice Lakadong Beb tea
You can also try with Pineapple juice
- Peel the pineapple and chop into small pieces
- Add pineapple pieces in a blender along with water
- Strain the juice using a soup strainer
- Take a glass and add 1/3 teaspoon of Lakadong Beb
- Pour the juice into a glass and stir well.
- Add salt or natural sweetener or the ice cube (Optional)
You can also try with coconut water, which is itself a natural beverage with many health benefits
- Get a fresh coconut from the market or field (If you have a coconut farm)
- Add 1/3 teaspoon of Lakadong Beb
- Pour the coconut water into a glass and stir well
- You can add salt or natural sweetener (Optional)
You can try out your own easy recipe with Lakadong Beb at home. Let us know in the comment below, we'd love to hear from you
Latest posts by Lapdianghun Thangkhiew (see all)
- 3 Quick & Easy Recipes With Lakadong Beb You Can Try - June 25, 2018
- Medicinal Use of Plants in Meghalaya- A Brief Study - June 16, 2018
- Golden Milk – A Nutritious Blend in a Single Cup! - June 9, 2018