Year-end holiday season is here and everyone is prepping for it. It is the time of the year where everything is about enjoying the cold weather in the comfort of one’s home, beside a fireplace. A time to stay indoors, curled up in warm cozy winter attire.
A wonderful way to remind yourself and the loved ones of all the coziness of home is with a hint of aroma. It is said that our sense of smell is the strongest way to trigger gentle emotions and bring back sweet memories. Special fragrances evoke a calming effect on the body and elevate relaxation. A perfect way of bringing a peaceful ambiance to your homes.
Pure and natural essential oils possess the capability of healing and elevating health. It can help improve skin condition, heal inflammation, improve your sleep – their benefits go well beyond their smell. You can also use them in different forms for your benefits.
Here are 4 DIY Recipes with Essential Oils:
Aromatic Cedar Candles: These aromatic candles are an absolute delight! The sweet woody aroma of cedar essential oil relieves anxiety and induces relaxation. Cedar candles are widely used for aromatherapy. You can make them yourself and use them too! Follow this recipe and bring the fragrance of fresh cedar into your home.
Requirements: Beeswax, Zizira Calming Cedar Oil, candle wicks, clean tin cans, wooden spoon and pot.
- Start by heating some water in the pot and bringing it to boil. Place the beeswax in a tin and place it in the pot of boiling water and let the beeswax melt.
- While you wait for the wax to melt, cut the wick to the height of the tin cans.
- When the wax has melted, add 5 -10 drops of Zizira Calming Cedar Oil to it. You can increase the amount of essential oil content as per the amount of wax used. Stir it well using a wooden spoon.
- Add a few drops of oil around each tin can and hold a wick in such a way that the lower part is touching the base of the can and the top part is in the center of the tin, just above the top.
- Pour the mixed wax into the prepared can. Hold the wick as you pour the wax. Allow it to cool and harden.
Your DIY Aromatic Cedar Candle is ready.
Note: Please use gloves and handle with care.
Natural Essential oil diffuser recipe: The purpose of using essential oil in a diffuser can be many – one such is in making the house smell fresh and nice. This DIY recipe is easy and can help you get rid of any unwanted odors. Keep it for yourself or gift it to your dear ones so they can enjoy this woody fragrance.
Requirement: Carrier oil (sweet almond or you can use any other), Zizira Natural Wintergreen oil, diffuser
- Take a container and add 5-6 drops of Zizira Natural Wintergreen oil and 10-20 drops of sweet almond oil and stir.
- Mix well and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Once the fragrances blend in together, use it with a diffuser.
Lemongrass coffee scrub: This sounds unusual? Wait! Don’t be in a rush to discard this idea! Here’s why. Coffee is known for stimulating the skin and clearing dirt and impurities. It also rubs away that extra cellulite from the skin. Lemongrass oil is a great support to coffee and this combination makes a terrific face or body scrub. Try it!
Requirement: Zizira Fragrant Lemongrass Oil, coconut oil, coffee, a container with a lid.
- Take a clean bowl. Add 5-6 drops of Zizira Fragrant Lemongrass Oil into the bowl. Add 10- 20 drops of coconut oil, this will act as the carrier oil.
- Add 3 teaspoon of ground coffee to the mixture. Stir slowly using a spoon and mix well together.
- Pour this into a clean container and cover the lid. Close it tightly. Store it in a cool dark place.
- Take a little at a time, at your fingertips, and use as a body or a face scrub.
Healthy Winter Cream: A very different moisturizing cream that you can make yourself. A cream blended with perilla seed oil is a perfect winter cream. It is soothing to the skin and all its benefits are easily absorbed by your skin. This easy, DIY recipe, shows you how to make it.
Requirements: Zizira Cold Pressed Perilla Seed Oil, Body lotion, Raw coconut oil, container.
- Take a clean glass bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of raw coconut oil to it. Add 6-8 drops of Zizira Cold Pressed Perilla Seed Oil to the mixture.
- Mix these oils together using a spoon. Keep stirring slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Take a clean container and add the body lotion to it. Then add the oil mixture and blend them together using a spoon.
- Cover the lid of the container and let it sit for 5 or 6 hours.
- Scoop the mixture and apply it on your skin.
There must be many more DIY recipes with essential oils. Do you know of any? Write and share them with us – add them as comments.
Latest posts by Elisha Sangma (see all)
- Learn about the Versatility of the Eco-friendly Banana fiber! - September 25, 2017
- Passion Fruit – A fruit Meghalaya’s farmers are now growing! - September 15, 2017
- Nepenthes Khasiana of Nokrek National Park maybe an Endangered Plant! - September 11, 2017