Here is one more Meghalaya based organization supporting Agriculture and Allied sectors
MEGHALAYA SMALL FARMER' AGRI-BUSINESS CONSORTIUM
Shillong - 793014
Phone & Fax: 0364-2520202
Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium was constituted in 1999 by the Government of India as a Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860(Act XXI of 1860). Later, the Meghalaya Small Farmers’ Agri-business Consortium (MgSFAC) was been constituted to implement Government of India’s Centrally Sponsored Scheme called “Technology Mission on Integrated Development of Horticulture in North East” (TMNEH). Later, this Mission was renamed as “Horticulture Mission for North East and Himalayan States (HMNEH).
Objectives of the MgSFAC are:
- To catalyze agro-industrial growth in the country based on the principles of:
- Ecological sustainability
- Economic efficiency
- Social equity
- To undertake or assist in undertaking programs for employment generation, growth and diversification of agriculture & agro-based industries to increase food production and export of agriculture products, in both primary and processed forms.
- To identify and promote post-harvest processing/manufactures units in the public, private and cooperative sector.
- To promote organization of marketing chain both for domestic and export marketing.
- To influence Government policies for agriculture, thereby increasing the flow of resources and augmenting the rate of capital formation in agriculture sector.
- To pave the way for establishment of integrated producers’ organizations with forward and backward linkages.
- To prepare, print and publish papers, periodicals, monographs in furtherance of the objectives of the society.
(Source of above information: http://meghalayasfac.nic.in/index.php)
MgSFAC implements schemes under the Horticultural Mission for North East and Himalayan States
Back to the list of Meghalaya Based Organizations Supporting Agriculture & Allied Sector