If you have been following these blog posts, you would have noticed that the Chillibreeze team is making quite a few farm visits around Shillong. Our goal is to meet with local farmers first in the state of Meghalaya and try to understand their world. Remember, we are a design company starting a food product company!
We are seeking answers to questions like:
- What do they cultivate?
- Do they get adequate returns for the ‘investments’ they make by way of labor and money?
- Is it easy to reach their produce to the market?
- Are there any pain points? Where do they need help, if any?
- Normally most of them follow naturally organic farming methods, but do they know the value of following organic farming?
- Are they aware that the Government is promoting organic farming?
A farm visit helps us answer these questions. We ask many more questions. With our learning comes more insight and better awareness.
You may wonder - why are we doing this?
Here is why - To bring the hidden potential of Northeast India to the fore by creating a market for the natural and healthy produce that grow in abundance here.
Read all about our farm visit to Umlyngka village near Shillong made by two members of the Chillibreeze team.
Would you like to try organic spices, fruits and preserves from Meghalaya? Contact us Be prepared to be surprised by the quality and the taste!
Follow our blog posts for live reports from farms in the Northeast region of India and get to know about unique crops, produce, and products.
Latest posts by Zizira Explorers (see all)
- Folklores about the Origin of Black Sticky Rice - June 7, 2017
- Explorers: Team Zizira Searching for Unique Herbs and Spices - October 26, 2015
- Benefits of Research should Improve Livelihood – Dr. Barik of NEHU - October 3, 2015