Everyone knows how discomforting a common cold or flu is. If you or your dear ones are down with a pesky cold then try these remedies. Here are a few quick and easy home remedies for cold that you can stir up from the ingredients that you already have at home. Give it a try.
Homemade honey, lemon, and ginger syrup: Here is a simple homemade remedy of honey, lemon and ginger infused together. This is an easy immune boosting remedy that you can use for curing a common cold. A simple recipe which includes layers of lemon, ginger, and honey!
Ingredients required: 1 cup of honey, 2 lemons (sliced), 1/2-inch fresh ginger (sliced), 250 ml jar
- First, slice the 2 lemons and the ginger and place them in a clean bowl. Then take a fresh jar, add the lemon and ginger slices, and pour the honey into the jar. You can also do this step by step – by placing 3 slices of lemon and topping them with a spoonful of honey. Repeat this until the jar is full.
- Cover the lid of the jar tightly and store it in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Let the flavor of the three ingredients infused together!
- When the mixture is ready, take a cup of lukewarm water and add 2 teaspoons of infused honey and serve.
Note: You can use this infused home remedy for up to 2 months!
Galangal, lemongrass, green tea tonic: Another simple and easy recipe to drive away cold and flu that you can easily try at home.
- Take a medium sized saucepan and heat it on a stove. Then pour in 1 ½ cup of freshly drawn water.
- Add the sliced galangal and the lemongrass essential oil into the water. Bring it to boil. Turn off the heat and add the green tea leaves. Let it steep for 3 minutes. The color of the water will change light greenish.
- Pour it into a cup. You can add a teaspoon of honey. Serve it warm.
Honey Cinnamon Tea: Natural honey and cinnamon are both good as immunity boosters! You can use these two ingredients for reducing the severity of the cold and prevent common cold.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add 1 cup of freshly drawn water and heat it on a stove. Add the cinnamon stick and bring the water to boil. Next, turn off the heat and add the oolong tea.
- Steep for 3 minutes.
- Pour the tea into a cup then add the honey and squeezed Stir the mixture using a spoon. Serve it warm.
- You can drink this tea 2 times a day!
Try out these natural home remedies for cold and get rid of it or prevent it from occurring! Do you know of any homemade remedies for cold that you would like us to feature in this article, share it with us in the comment section below! Would love to hear from you.