Most drinks are fizzy, concentrated and sometimes alcoholic. They can cause heart disease, increase risk of cancer, liver damage and premature ageing in the long run.
Milk contains valuable nutrients like calcium, protein, potassium and phosphorus which are essential for your health.
Turmeric contains an important compound called curcumin which is a strong antioxidant with anti-inflammatory effects.
Combine milk and our Lakadong Ker (turmeric health blend) together and you get turmeric milk!
1. Why Should You Take Turmeric Milk and What Are Its Benefits?
Some of the health benefits of drinking turmeric milk are improved digestion, reduced blood sugar levels, reduced join pain and inflammation.
But the real question should be how drinking it can help provide all these benefits?
Well, the answer is because our Lakadong Ker contains ingredients like cinnamon, turmeric (curcumin), ginger which have powerful anti-inflammable properties that can help reduce join pain and inflammation.
“Delayed stomach emptying is a potential cause of indigestion. Ginger, one of the ingredients used in golden milk, may help relieve this condition by speeding up stomach emptying in people suffering from dyspepsia.
Research further shows that turmeric, another ingredient used to make golden milk, may help reduce indigestion symptoms.” (Source)
2. Does Turmeric Milk Boost Immunity?
Yes, in fact, turmeric milk can do wonders, especially if you are prone to viral infections and diseases. It has been proven to be one of the best natural home-made remedies to improve immunity. It can help prevent cold and flu by increasing mucus which naturally flushes out microbes that clog your respiratory tract. (Source)
It can also help you relieve indigestion while eliminating bloating and gas. It also can fend off Alzheimer and is used as a treatment for diarrhea.
3. Does Turmeric Dissolve in Milk?
Yes, turmeric dissolves in milk. In fact, our Lakadong Ker is ready to be mixed with milk directly.
Our recommended direction of use is to add 1/3 teaspoon of Lakadong Ker to 250ml of milk and serve while hot.
4. Will Turmeric Golden Milk Make You Lose Weight?
Yes, depending upon your daily intake. Although it is no weight loss miracle, turmeric milk should be taken daily with regular exercise to help attain weight loss.
Curcumin in turmeric prevents fat accumulation in your adipose tissues.
“Turmeric may also improve the digestion of fat by increasing your production of bile by up to 62%. “(Source)
“In a study, overweight individuals were put under weight loss treatment through diet and lifestyle interventions. Some of them did not show significant weight loss and were then treated with curcumin. These individuals after the curcumin treatment showed an enhanced weight loss. There was a significant increase in fat reduction and BMI was also found to decline considerably.” (Source)
5. Can Turmeric (Haldi) Milk Give You a Good Night Sleep?
Yes, it can. Turmeric milk can actually make your body feel relaxed, put you in a calm mood and help induce you to sleep. Drinking a warm glass at night is an old-age remedy for insomnia.
No burning questions about turmeric milk will be complete without mentioning the recipe for it. (Source)
6. How to Make Turmeric Milk?
Ingredients required (for 2 servings):
- 2 teaspoons Lakadong Ker
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon thick cream
- 1 250 ml cup of milk or almond milk
- 1 cup water (or less)
- 1/2 cup Ice cubes
- Take a blender and add all these ingredients into it.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in a cup and serve the delicious goodness.
Here’s another recipe for you to try.
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Lakadong Ker
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (filter coffee can also be used)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- Heat the milk in a pan along with 1 teaspoon Lakadong Ker. Remove from heat before it starts to boil.
- With a small whisk beat the liquid till it starts foaming.
- Heat the water in another pan along with the coffee until it dissolves (if using filter coffee, strain the coffee after heating).
- Then pour the hot coffee in a serving cup first then add the honey.
- Pour the Golden milk over the coffee and stir, sprinkle some cinnamon powder and enjoy.