Green tea has always been at the forefront when it comes to healthy beverages. Well, that’s simply because of the health benefits associated with this miracle drink.
Green tea is said to contain various enzymes and amino acids which is said to help lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It has a slightly bitter taste which becomes intense if the tea is not prepared well. Nonetheless, the art of brewing can be perfected over time. Read more about the health benefits of green tea.
Here is a recipe using super healthy ingredients that will kick start a healthier and tastier habit.
- 500g chicken breast
- 3 ½ teaspoons Green tea
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons wild honey
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar with fresh Bhut Jolokia
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar with dried Bhut Jolokia
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 ½ large onions (sliced)
- 10-15 pods of garlic (crushed/ finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 ½ Perilla oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
Ingredients for the Marinade:
- 2 teaspoon Bhut Jolokia vinegar
- ½ the quantity of crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Gather all the ingredients for the marinade and begin by marinating the chicken for at least 1 hour.
- Take 3 teaspoons of green tea in a bowl and add 2 cups of warm water.
- Strain and discard the tea leaves; pour the tea in a skillet.
- Add sliced onions, soy sauce, perilla oil, vinegar with dry Bhut Jolokia, remaining garlic and ginger. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring it to boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes (cover the vessel to retain flavor).
- While the sauce is simmering, fry the chicken till brown on both sides.
- Place the pan-fried chicken into the simmering sauce, add the remaining green tea leaves and cook for 10-12 mins.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken rest in the sauce for about 5 mins.
- Garnish with onion leaves.
This recipe works well with fried rice or pan fried noodles.
Want to try this recipe? Try it with your own twist and let us know how it went.