Being one of the best Lakadong Turmeric sellers online, we get a lot of questions like, "What is the secret behind Zizira Lakadong turmeric?" or "What is the difference between Regular turmeric and Zizira Lakadong Turmeric?"
The secret is at Zizira we are dedicated to your health and well-being. We care to give you your money's worth and bring you the best Lakadong Turmeric from the source itself. You can have your peace of mind while you invest in your health.
Let's start with Lakadong Turmeric itself.
View this post on Instagram
What is Lakadong turmeric?
Lakadong Turmeric is a special turmeric variety from a place called ‘Lakadong’, in Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya, credited with a Geographical Indication tag. It is known for its medicinal qualities. Unlike other turmeric varieties, the curcumin content present in Lakadong turmeric is 7 to 9% (last tested in 2019) which is one of the highest, as against 2 to 3% in regular turmeric.
But what is curcumin?
Curumin is a component present in turmeric and gives turmeric it's bright yellow color and its incredible medicinal properties. Curcumin content determines the value of turmeric. So the higher the curcumin content the more the turmeric is valueble.
View this post on Instagram
What Is the Difference Between Regular Turmeric and Zizira Lakadong Turmeric?
Now let's go into the difference between regular turmeric and Zizira Lakadong turmeric:
|Regular Turmeric||Zizira Lakadong Turmeric|
|It is unsure where it comes from||It comes from our trusted farmer partners in Lakadong village|
|Average curcumin content 3-4%||Average curcumin content 7.5-9.2% tested by SGS|
|It may not be tested pesticide free||It is tested pesticide free by an accredited lab|
|It may be adulterated||100% non-adulterated processed inhouse to guarantee it|
|It may be old warehoused turmeric||Each batch is new 2019 harvest|
|May not be tested for heavy metals||It is tested for heavy metals|
|Maybe GMO turmeric - grown commercially||Traditionally farmed heirloom ancient turmeric from Meghalaya|
But Why Are We Fanatical About Quality?
Our health-conscious customers love this pure high curcumin turmeric. It has become part of their daily intake. We are motivated by these health enthusiasts to provide them clean, pure Lakadong turmeric that is free from adulteration.
What Are We Doing to Ensure the Quality of Zizira Lakadong Turmeric?
There is a list of things that we are doing to ensure the quality of our Lakadong turmeric. We want to make sure that the price you pay for each of our Lakadong turmeric products is worth. Let get through each of them in details:
1. Responsible Sourcing
First of all, let's get into why we call it responsible sourcing?
We call it responsible because we are working with farmers who share the same mission as us and prioritize in the long term health of the land. Their land is free from chemicals, pesticides and fertilisers.
They use only traditional farming methods and use natural compost, cow-dung, manure and vermicompost in the soil.
These farmers are at the source where this heirloom turmeric has existed for a long time. Their ancestors transplanted Lakadong turmeric from the forest and domesticated it.
They started growing in their backyard for using it as a home remedy for health. There is history interwoven with this heirloom turmeric.
We also know that there are problems of adulteration that happens even at the location of the source.
Traders mix Lakadong turmeric with other lower grade turmeric varieties and sell it as Lakadong Turmeric. And to be clear these traders are not farmers.
How do we know this?
Farmers who grow Lakadong turmeric knows the difference between Lakadong turmeric and other varieties.
Our team have studied these differences and we have it well documented in one of the articles that we published.
Our farmer partners from Jaintia Hills are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric. And here is where the selection process happens where we emphasize purity and quality.
So far, you can see that we are all about responsibly sourcing genuine, unadulterated Lakadong turmeric.
What next? We have -
2. 100% Assured Safe Zizira Lakadong Turmeric
To move towards our mission of providing safe, clean and pure Lakadong turmeric, we have taken more critical measures to go beyond our value of responsible sourcing. Here are the measures that we have taken:
- Tested free from pesticides, chemical fertilizers and heavy metals in one of India's credited labs. We send each of the Lakadong turmeric batches that we source from our farmer partners to Mitra S. K labs. Here we test our Lakadong Turmeric to find any traces of pesticides, chemical fertilizers and heavy metals that are toxic for consumption. Only after we get reports stating that our Lakadong turmeric is free from any kind of toxicity we move towards processing phase.
- Heirloom (non-GMO) Pure Lakadong Turmeric. As mentioned earlier our farmer partners are well aware of pure Lakadong Turmeric and are fanatical about their heirloom turmeric. They take the pain in selecting and preserving the best Lakadong turmeric seed for planting every year. Read more of Lakadong turmeric being heirloom turmeric.
- Only Pure Lakadong high curcumin content. Our selection process where we emphasize purity and quality allows us to get the best Lakadong turmeric with High curcumin content that ranges between 7.5 to 9.2 %. We send our turmeric to SGS labs to get it tested for curcumin.
- Free from external adulteration. Food adulteration is a huge issue and it is no less in turmeric. It is either adulterated with lower grade turmeric or chemical synthetic dyes. We see this as a huge problem that customers face with, which is why we decided to process each of our turmeric batches in-house. And completely rule out any form of external adulterations.
3. Zero Adulteration Proof
Let's talk more about how we process Zizira Lakadong Turmeric. Here is a step-by-step procedure that we follow while we handle Lakadong turmeric:
Step 1. Freshly harvested Lakadong turmeric rhizomes are separated to remove dirt
Step 2. Rhizomes are then soaked in clean water for 10 minutes to loosen dirt
Step 3. Then these are triple washed to ensure squeakier clean rhizomes
Step 4. Cleaned rhizomes then go to food-grade containers to drain off excess water
Step 5. Then these rhizomes are moved to mechanised slicers for slicing
Step 6. Turmeric slices are then placed in bamboo trays and moved to drying chambers
Step 7. Slices are then dried in temperature above 100°C for 48 hours straight until fully dried. This process of drying kills unwanted pathogens.
Step 8. Dried slices which are now at zero moisture (using moisture meter) are fed to mechanized griding and sieving process.
Step 9. Packed in airtight bio-degradable pouches along with food-grade oxygen absorbers and silica gel for longer shelf-life.
Shelf-life of Zizira Lakadong Turmeric is 12 months (365 days)
We are local entrepreneurs from Meghalaya who work with the local farmers to preserve this ancient heirloom to provide genuine and pure Lakadong turmeric to our customers.
And we follow this same process for all our other products and maintain this high-quality standard throughout.
Now it's for you to decide what would you prefer for your health.