Chicken, rice and everything nice! If you want to try something creative in your kitchen, you can try out this recipe. Not just another “flavored rice”, this recipe has a kick of zesty lemon that is super delish. Indeed, an easy & delicious wrapped chicken pilaf rice, perfect for eating as it is.
What exactly is a pilaf?
A pilaf is a rice dish that starts like making a risotto – sautéing garlic & onion in butter, then stirring the rice grains until they become translucent with the butter, then cooking the rice in a broth. (Source)
This dish has a perfect balance of meat and rice. A mix of savory & sweetness, this dish is crunchy yet chewy! You can have the scrumptious tenderized chicken around the well-made rice. This dish is excellent as the main course as well as a great side dish. Either way, you are definitely going to want more!
Wrapped Chicken Pilaf Rice Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (sliced)
- 2 cups joha rice
- 1 teaspoon Iranian pilaf rice seasoning
- 1 chilli lime cilantro spice mix
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chopped onions
- 2 teaspoon mashed garlic
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to over 150 degrees (10 minutes)
- Now take a deep saucepan add the rice and pour 1 ½ cup of water into it. Place it on a stove and cook the rice for 18-20 minutes. The rice must be half-cooked. Strain the water and keep the rice aside to cool.
- Take a pan and heat it on a stove. Pour the olive oil and add the onion, garlic, turmeric and sauté. Now add the rice into the pan. Also, add Iranian yellow pilaf rice spice and salt. Stir and sauté. Now take the sliced chicken, rub it with salt and pepper. Add the rice on each piece of the chicken, roll the chicken and tie it with a thread.
- Take ½ a cup of water and add the chilli lime cilantro mix. Now glaze the outer layer of the chicken rice wrap with this mixture. Put it on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes. You can squeeze fresh lemon juice and serve it fresh!
You can get creative with the ingredients you want to add to your pilaf rice recipe! Do you know of any easy to make a recipe at home, share it with us to feature on our blog? We would love to hear from you!