One of the healthiest food for summer morning is a healthy, good and nutrient-packed vegetable smoothie. It is perfect after a heart-pounding work out session.
This vegetable smoothie recipe is an easy trick to getting yourself hydrated, refreshed and energized. This turmeric smoothie is filled with vitamins, is naturally sweet and flavorful in taste. And, if you like your smoothie slightly sweet and tart with a kick of ginger, this smoothie is perfect for you.
This recipe is a 7-ingredient smoothie that includes ginger, carrot juice, pineapple, turmeric, and banana! It is thus a nutrient rich, anti-inflammatory and an immune-boosting smoothie that’s perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
Here is a quick recipe for carrot ginger turmeric smoothie:
Prep time:20 minutes Serves: 2
Ingredients for carrot juice:
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 ½ cups filtered water
Ingredients for the smoothie:
- 1 large ripe banana (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- First, make the carrot juice by adding carrots with filtered water in a high-speed blender. Blend it until it is completely pureed and smooth. Add ½ cup of water, if needed.
- Now use a sieve over a mixing bowl and pour the juice through it. Set aside the pulp in another bowl.
- Transfer the carrot juice in a jar and keep it in a refrigerator.
- Now run all the smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender until the texture is creamy and smooth. You can add more carrot juice or almond milk for better consistency.
- You can taste and adjust the flavors as necessary. Serve it fresh.
Here is why this smoothie is good for your health:
The Ginger helps to soothe your stomach, helps to boost your immunity, fights infection and has anti-inflammatory properties.
The Banana fruit helps in improving digestion, is rich in potassium, helps in lowering blood pressure, and is one of the healthiest carbohydrates.
The Pineapple fruit is a rich source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. It aids in digestion and has energy boosting properties.
Turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help remove harmful free radicals and helps lower bad cholesterol level.
The Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidant and acts as a natural antibiotic. It helps brighten the skin.
The carrot is packed with antioxidants, Vitamin A and beta carotene that helps improve our vision and helps fight free radicals.
Don’t these healthy nutrients make you want to try out this recipe? Try it out and don’t forget to add your own creative spin to it. Let us know how you did it in the comment section below.