Are you looking for an easy to make, fresh veggie recipe for your weekend this summer? Here is a sunny salsa recipe! It is a perfect appetizer if you’re hosting a luncheon for your dear ones. It would be an excellent idea to mix up a batch to keep it in the fridge for snacking anytime.
When planning for appetizers to make for a gathering, your mind may tend to go immediately to those cheesy recipes but what would be even better is cruising to your veggie cabinet. You must take advantage of the gorgeous summer produce. Fresh ingredients combine to create this colorful summer salsa that is as bright and vibrant as a sunny day!
This Veggie Corn Salsa using sweet corn is easy to make and even easier to devour. It is incredibly fresh, good for your bones and delicious. A scrumptious appetizer for food twinning with grilled chicken or fish for a healthy yummy lunch!
As I said before, this recipe is so easy. There’s minimal chopping involved, and all the ingredients just mixed together in a bowl and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Easy to Make Black Aztec Sweet Corn Veggie Salsa
Ingredients (5 servings):
- 1 ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup whole Black Aztec kernel corn
- 1 cup soya beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chilli pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- First you must take the soya beans in a bowl and rinse them thoroughly. Then soak it in water overnight. After soaking, dry the beans for 15 minutes. Now take a deep vessel and add the beans with 1 cup of water and bring it to boil. Simmer and cook for 30 more minutes.
- If you’re using fresh corn then you can steam or boil corn on the cob for 4 minutes; remove and let cool; cut off corn from cob. Or if you’re using the dried corn, then you can boil or steam the corn until it is soft to eat.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked soya beans, corn, tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Toss them together.
- Make a chilli dressing by using seeded chilli peppers, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, honey, and cumin in a blender. With blender running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Finish it off with some sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Serve with tortilla chips.
Try this easy and flavorful Black Bean and Corn Salsa at your next cookout to serve with chips or as a side dish to be served with grilled chicken ribs or pork barbecue. Or, better yet, try it atop a baked potato, green salad, or wrapped in a soft tortilla, as a meal!