The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR NEH Region) is doing great things! On their campus in Meghalaya they have about 60 scientists working to help farmers. After a tour our team came away impressed with the dedication and commitment of these scientists. ICAR’s website explains their vision. ICAR Research Complex for North Eastern Hill Region was established in the year 1975 by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research to provide a research base for supporting agricultural development in the North Eastern Hill region. It encompasses all the disciplines of agriculture, horticulture, animal sciences, agricultural engineering, agro forestry and fishery. We hope to be able to collaborate with ICAR to help fulfil their vision and mission. ICAR Vision, Mission and Plan Vision Ensure food and income security for all, through technological innovations and sustainable agriculture. Mission Harness power of science and education with a human touch for higher and sustainable agricultural production.
The ICAR NEH Plan
- Highest priority to farmers.
- Act as a catalyst in reclaiming degraded resources for agriculture.
- Conserve and enhance national wealth of natural resources and biodiversity.
- Improve knowledge management system to act as an efficient clearing-house of technology, knowledge.
- Foster linkages and collaborations with public and private, national and international organizations.