Turmeric tea is a favored and trendy beverage throughout many parts of Asia. Primarily, due to its health benefits and high curcumin content of turmeric, it is popularly used as a natural remedy for cold and cough, and to boost the immune system.
The other ingredients used in this recipe elevate the taste of turmeric. The potent flavor of ginger blended with the sweetness of cinnamon powder is a perfect add-on for turmeric tea.
You can benefit from the anti-inflammatory and detoxifying qualities of turmeric. The ginger helps soothe the digestive system and boosts your immunity. Both these natural ingredients enhance the healing qualities of this turmeric tea.
The spiciness and refreshing aroma of ginger helps counter the bitterness in turmeric. The cinnamon gives the tea a mild sweetness and a pleasant flavor, further removing the bitterness of turmeric. Adding sugar may not be necessary, but if you like your tea sweet, you can add honey to it.
Here is a quick and easy way to detox our body with this delicious cinnamon ginger tea, using the powerful detoxifying spice, turmeric.
Zizira Lakadong Turmeric is fresh and strong. While it depends on individual preferences, generally 1/4th of a teaspoon will be enough for a cup of turmeric tea. If you are serving more cups, you can add more proportions of the Lakadong turmeric.
Below are the ingredients required for 2 cups.
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon Lakadong turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon wildflower honey
- ¼ teaspoon ginger slice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
How to Make Turmeric Tea:
- Take 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring the water to boil.
- Add half teaspoon of Lakadong turmeric, cinnamon powder, and the ginger slices. Boil it for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea using a fine sieve into a cup; add wildflower honey for sweetness.
- Add a pinch of black pepper *
- Serve it hot.
* Adding black pepper will help in the body absorbing all the goodness of turmeric.
You can also enjoy this beverage on a hot summer day by adding ice cubes and a pinch of lemon zest to it. A perfect way to stay hydrated!
Do you know of any spice tea blends that we could try? We would love to hear from you, write to us in the comment section below.